Presented by Melanie Bauer
Many of our workshops to faculty contain some pretty dry information. How do you keep them engaged for the entire presentation? You need to give out “nuggets of wisdom” (takeaways that apply to them). These “a-ha” moments better stick when they directly benefit them.
Examples of workshop topics and how to turn them into a “nugget of wisdom”
- From – Create a detailed timeline for your proposal writing journey
- To – Planning to write takes longer than you think
- From – Learn about the sections of a grant proposal and how to tell a compelling story
- To – Be a storyteller and entrepreneur
- From – Understand common pitfalls for first-time and experienced grant writers
- To – Find your fits and reach out & All the pieces matter
- From – Find out tips for making your proposal stand out
- To – Get graphic & Grant writing is like applying for a job
Additional “takeaway” examples
- Follow the money
- Don’t be a square
- Know how funders walk and talk
- Funder priorities are the sprinkles
- Win friends and influence reviewers
- Third time’s a charm
- Level up or move along
- How to design & teach workshops that work every time by Robert Fitzpatrick & Devin Hunt (www.workshopsurvival.com)
- Prezi (there is a free version) – www.prezi.com
- This TNT presentation was recorded and can be viewed HERE.
Past TNT recordings can be found on the NORDP Learning Management System (LMS).
- Past TNT recordings can be found on the NORDP website.
- Log into your NORDP account (www.nordp.org)
- Look for the “Quick Links” menu (blue)
- Select “NORDP LMS”
- Make sure you are seeing “All Courses” – scroll down to the bottom and select “SHOW ALL COURSES”
- Search for “TnT”
- Select the “TnT (Tools and Tips) Talks”
The next TNT presentation will be Tuesday, December 6th at 12:00pm (eastern).
- TNT: Writing for a Lay Audience – Presented by Susan Elkins
- Register HERE.