Welcome to the new (and returning) Board members!
At its meeting on June 27, 2017, the NORDP board of Directors ratified the results of the 2017 Board elections, welcoming three new members and one returning member. The new members are: Jan Abramson, M.S., Sponsored Projects Officer, University of Utah; Jennifer Lyon Gardner, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President for Research, University of Texas at Austin; and Jerilyn Hansen, M.S., Director, Research Development, Utah State University. Returning to the Board for a second term is Rachel Dresbeck, Ph.D., Director, Research Development & Communication, Oregon Health and Science University. All four of these members’ terms will end June 30, 2021.
The Board also accepted the resignation of Terri Soelberg, M.Ed., Director, College of Health Sciences Office of Research, Boise State University, and appointed Kellie Dyslin, MSW, Associate Director, Proposal Support, Northern Illinois University, to complete Terri’s term. Kellie will serve the remaining two years in Terri’s term, ending June 30, 2019.
Officers for 2017-2018 are as follows:
- President: Michael Spires, M.A., M.S., CRA, Principal Proposal Analyst, University of Colorado Boulder
- Vice President/President-Elect: Karen Eck, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President for Research, Old Dominion University
- Treasurer: Jeff Agnoli, M.A., Education, Funding, and Research Development, The Ohio State University
- Secretary: Karen Fletcher, M.B.A., Director of Grants Resources & Services, Appalachian State University
- Immediate Past President: Gretchen Kiser, Ph.D., Executive Director, Research Development Office, University of California, San Francisco