“One mentor is almost never adequate for the mentee. [The PMG] helped us to focus on what we could address”- Jennifer Glass, NORDP Board member and Mentoring Committee member.
The NORDP Mentoring Committee’s Peer Mentoring Groups* (PMG) provide an ideal platform for NORDP colleagues to learn from each other. NORDP Mentoring Committee currently has 7 PMGs Peer Mentoring Groups, based on the pillars of Research Development.
1. Career & Professional Development: exploring how to become more efficient and effective in our roles
2. Communication: promoting awareness of RD opportunities and publicizing research
3. Enhancing Collaboration: building collaborations and interdisciplinary research programs
4. Leadership & Management: leading in both official and unofficial capacities
5. Mentorship: discussing and supporting mentoring best practices for mentors and mentees
6. Proposal Development: supporting faculty grant seeking and increasing extramural funding
7. Strategic Planning & Advancement: guiding policy and planning for enhanced research and scholarship
Learn more about PMGs here.
This year PMGs will use the Wisdom Share platform (https://nordpmentoring.mywisdomshare.com), which is the same platform that NORDP uses for its mentoring program. Please mark your calendars for the following dates:
October 1, 2021 PMG sign-up opens in Wisdom Share: You can begin to sign up for one (or all 7!) of the PMGs. Signup will be open October 1.
To sign up for a PMG:
- If you’ve not yet registered in Wisdom Share, sign up with a login and password here.
- Under “Role,” choose “Peer Mentoring.”
- On your dashboard’s far right side, you will see the PMGs; simply click join for the group(s) of interest.
Already-registered users can go directly to their dashboards.
October 21, 2021 – 2:30-3:30pm EST PMG Orientation – Come join your PMG colleagues to learn about the process, Wisdom Share functionality, and meet as a group. The Orientation will include an introduction to the seven PMGs, engaging in PMGs on Wisdom Share, and an opportunity to get acquainted with the PMGs real-time. Click here to join the orientation: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81529400705
* Participation in Peer Mentoring Groups (PMGs) is one of the many benefits of being a member of NORDP.
One thought on “Save the Dates: Expand your network by participating in the NORDP Peer Mentoring Groups!”
Comments are closed.