Slides: They’re doing WHAT!?! Intelligence Gathering in Higher Ed
- Karen Walker, Arizona State University
- Jamie Welch, Arizona State University
- Linda Galloway, Elsevier
Thanks to our session scribe!
Five key points from the session:
- ASU’s RD office includes a full-time person in charge of “competitive intelligence.“
- ASU defines competitive intelligence as the “ethical collection and analysis of information to anticipate competitive activity, see past market disruptions and dispassionately interpret events.”
- ASU RD staff works with Elsevier’s Scival to identify areas of strength, then continues to study these strengths and prepares documents to help faculty maximize these strengths and build collaborations.
- SciVal allows researchers and administrators to visualize research performance, benchmark relative to peer institutions, develop strategic partnerships, identify and analyze new, emerging research trends, and create uniquely tailored reports.
- ASU’s RD tagline is “Knowledge Enterprise Development.”
What did you hear at this presentation that surprised you?
ASU’s investment in publications that provide details on priority areas for the university.
What resources did you discover at this presentation?
- Altmetric: www.altmetric.com
- SciVal: https://www.elsevier.com/solutions/scival
What else from this session should NORDP members know?
Successful institutions take time and invest to support faculty and build capacity.